GSoC

MammothTruk mammothtruk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 09:31:56 CDT 2008

I read the WineHQ newsletters when they come out to try and keep up on the
goings on of Wine and what will run on it.  I noticed that the
Wsock32.dllwas suggested as a SoC project.  I wanted to point out that
Vista X64 has
issues with this dll and some of the newer programs arent accessing it
right.  This could be a really good project to take on for someone as it
would give people that are having issues with Vista to use Wine.

I also thought that possible control panel rewriting so that it looks better
would be a good project.  Make it more user friendly.  Easier to access.  My
descriptions of what things do on each tab.  Just an overall nice,easy,good
looking control panel would be really helpful to first time users.  the
current winecfg looks like crap and isnt at all user friendly to the first
time user.  I was a first time users a year ago and I still dont understand
half of the control panel.

Wine Plugin project might be really useful too.  It would help companies
that cant afford or wont make direct linux ports to have some kind of
ability to get their porgrams working without official linux support.

The three things listed above all come from me playing NeverWinter Nights
2.  OEI wont make a linux port but have been pretty supportive of Wine in
their forums on bioware.  .NET is also something needed to get the toolset
working, but I thought that was a little big for a 2-3 month project.

Supporter,
Nicholas "MammothTruk" Baldwin

--
Lifes to Short.  Stop wasting your time.