improve winetricks dotnet 1.1

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Fri Mar 14 15:57:33 CDT 2008

Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2008/3/12, Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at redhat.com>:
>> James Hawkins wrote:
>>  > On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>>  >>  I'm kind of hoping James implements the missing bits in msi
>>  >>  soon.  James, think that will happen soon enough that
>>  >>  there's no need to update winetricks?
>>  >>
>>  >
>>  > Just sent in the service patch.  If you're referring to anything else,
>>  > I'm not sure what it is.  MsiPublishAssemblies won't see the light of
>>  > day for a long, long time, because it requires fusion.dll being
>>  > implemented.
>>
>> Implementing fusion.dll sounds like a GSoC project to me (no clue how
>>  much work that is). At least getting the basic structure in place should
>>  be doable.
> It doesn't seem that hard to implementi the fusion dll. The hard part
> is that you will probably have to dipe really deep into assemblies for
> it if you want to implement it properly. I don't know the specific
Just to remove any confusion: I'm _not_ planning to participate in the
GSoC. My student time are long gone .... Means implementing fusion.dll
is free for everybody.

> code paths taken, but msdn seems to have at least some info on it.
>
> I think that the fusion dll is installed when installing the .net
> framework because my windows xp install doesn't have it in system32.
> It is in C:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\${VERSION}, which means
> it's probably installed as part of the .net framework. Calling it from
> MSI doesn't seem to be too hard.

bye
	michael
--
Michael Stefaniuc                           Tel.: +49-711-96437-199
Consulting Communications Engineer          Fax.: +49-711-96437-111