Google Summer of code

"Luis C. Busquets Pérez" luis.busquets at ilidium.com
Sat Mar 15 01:36:34 CDT 2008

Following your comment I understand that you will be implementing the
hard core of D3DXCompileShaderxx.

Nevertheless, I have already a simplification of the
D3DXCompileShaderFromFilexx functionsStefan Dösinger escribió. This are
being work referring to D3DXCompileShaderFromFileExW on the basement, i.e:

D3DXCompileShaderFromFileA --> D3DXCompileShaderFromFileW
D3DXCompileShaderFromFileExA --> D3DXCompileShaderFromFileExW
D3DXCompileShaderFromFileW --> D3DXCompileShaderFromFileExW

Please find the patch attached. I have tested it with Civilizqation4, which as explained calls D3DXCompileShaderFromFileA. To test 3DXCompileShaderFromFileExA I tried a temporary path of
D3DXCompileShaderFromFileA --> D3DXCompileShaderFromFileExA

All this using the work around of implementing the three calling functions (D3DXCompileShaderFromFileA, D3DXCompileShaderFromFileW, D3DXCompileShaderFromFileExA) in d3dx9_32 for testing and now setting the code on d3dx9_36 obviously. The tests have been ok.

Please let me know your comments and if you think that it can be submitted to wine-patches.