[4/22] WineD3D: A shader backend descriptor for the ati fragment shader backend

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Sun Mar 16 20:18:09 CDT 2008

Am Sonntag, 16. März 2008 17:35:25 schrieb Ivan Gyurdiev:

> To me this suggests that there should be two separate shader backends,
> selected differently for "fixed pipeline replacement" purposes and for
> shaders. I don't like the argument that this is only an intermediate
> step - if no one writes the glsl/arb replacement code, it becomes
> permanent.
How would that work with e.g. GLSL, where vertex and fragment shaders are
linked? How would you use a D3D vertex shader together with a ffp replacement
fragment shader?

One of the aims of my patches is providing the infrastructure where summer of
code applicants could kick in. So I think chances that we get an ARB or GLSL
replacement soon are pretty good.