[4/22] WineD3D: A shader backend descriptor for the ati fragment shader backend

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Mon Mar 17 10:15:21 CDT 2008

Am Montag, 17. März 2008 15:53:04 schrieb H. Verbeet:
> It's mostly a matter of where you integrate it into the code. At this
> point I don't really see the advantage of making it a different shader
> backend compared to integrating it into the existing fixed function
> code.
As I explained in the other mail, atifs uses a complete fragment shader
object, as opposed to nvrc/nvts and arb combiners, which configure single
stages. This requires different state linking. So to implement that
efficiently I need at least a different state table which links all fixed
function states together, instead of one that links colorop settings and
alphaop settings per stage.

Also if we ever implement pixel shaders using atifs we'll need a shader
backend for it.