advapi32 security tests and Vista (PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS)

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 10:41:13 CDT 2008

Hi,

I'm now looking at some of the failures for the security tests on Vista.
Apparently PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS which is defined as:

#define PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS         (STANDARD_RIGHTS_REQUIRED|SYNCHRONIZE|0xfff)

is changed on Vista:

#define PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS         (STANDARD_RIGHTS_REQUIRED|SYNCHRONIZE|0xffff)

Should I change the tests (CreateProcess) to check for both possibilities or
should our PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS be changed?

I'm not sure what implications the latter one has yet. Only that using that mask
on other windows versions will/could fail.

--
Cheers,

Paul.