Running services in WINE?

Christopher raccoonone at procyongames.com
Mon Mar 17 13:26:10 CDT 2008

Mikołaj Zalewski wrote:

>> Thanks for sending in your patch Mikołaj, I tested MozyHome with it,
>> but it didn't help anything, the service still wouldn't start. I
>> don't have the experience to work on that patch by myself, but if
>> someone else starts on it and would like assistance making tests or
>> something I'm happy to try.
>
>  I can look into that (I see it's bug #12030) however it looks like
> it's not a problem with starting the service but may be a problem with
> the service itself. Have you tried to run this service with e.g.
> notepad running in the background - the services are marked as system
> processes and if there is no non-system process left, all the system
> processes will terminate themselves.
>
> Mikołaj Zalewski

I tried it with notepad running in the background, and the same thing
happens: mozybackup.exe shows up in the process list for ~3seconds then
disappears and the console displays the fixme's that I posted in bug #12030.

If you have time to look into it that would be great! My knowledge of
how services work is limited at best (still an undergrad, and I haven't
taken an OS class yet).
Christopher