improve winetricks dotnet 1.1

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Mar 17 18:03:39 CDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Louis wrote:
>  > Hi, i wonder if it would be possible to improve
>  > winetricks dotnet 1.1, so that it's actually able to run
>  >.net-1.1 applications. Currently it only installs the framework,
>  > but due to bugs the apps don't run.   Atm i use pretty worthless
>  > script below to get them running..

Louis, your script did

winetricks allfonts
wineprefixcreate  #to register the fonts

which I didn't quite understand.  Why do fonts installed by
perfectly valid corefonts installers from Microsoft need
to be registered?  Do we have a bug somewhere?

I ask because http://winehq.org/pipermail/wine-users/2008-March/030284.html
mentions that it helped him.  I'm still not quite convinced,
hoping you can enlighten me.
- Dan