Translations and Wine 1.0

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Tue Mar 18 10:06:48 CDT 2008

Hello Lei,

Lei Zhang wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 5:30 AM, Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at redhat.com> wrote:
>>  We should try to update the translations of Wine to other languages for
>>  1.0. The code freeze during the release candidate time frame is perfect
>>  for this as the translations don't have to track a moving target.
>>
>>  Somebody had scripts/a web page to check for missing translations or
>>  broken ones in the .rc files. But I seem to not enter the right search
>>  words to find any info regarding that; if somebody has a pointer please
>>  let me know. It would be nice if we could run that scripts regularly
>>  during the release candidate time.

> Would the Launchpad translations site be helpful?
>
> https://translations.launchpad.net/
Something like that would be useful.

> I think basically the workflow is:
>
> * put phrases that need translation into the work queue.
> * select the languages it needs to be translated into.
> * people offer suggestions, and launchpad offers suggestions for the
> same phrase already translated in other projects.
> * pick the most appropriate suggestion.
> * watch the percentage bars go up.
>
> (please correct me if this is inaccurate)
Wine is already there:
"Translation setup needed
The Wine project is not set up for translation in Launchpad.
If you are Scott Ritchie, log in to begin the setup process.
Otherwise, you might want to talk with Scott Ritchie, the project
registrant, about using Launchpad for translations."

bye
	michael