Implement ID3DXRenderToSurface*

tony.wasserka at freenet.de tony.wasserka at freenet.de
Fri Mar 21 04:10:20 CDT 2008

> It would probably be better to avoid doing that. It isn't quite the
> same as disassembling the native implementation, but in general you
> want to avoid looking at how the native implementation is implemented
> rather than how it behaves.
I have to admit that I didn't think of these kind of things, however for
D3DXCreateRenderToSurface this isn't a problem as all what I got
from the output was that I have to call no d3d functions.

> ...and that's pretty much unacceptable.
I see, this will probably need a fixed patch.

> It might be true that on wine the device never becomes invalid, but
> that might not always remain true, and IMO our d3dx9 dlls should work
> on native win32 as well.
The code should run on native windows, too, though it isn't that well tested.
(IMO there isn't much to test about a few release calls anyways).
Also, ResetDevice is the same as D3DXCreateRenderToSurface,
as it doesn't do anything either.

But thank you for the time you spent on reviewing my patches :)

 Best regards
    Tony

Unbegrenzter Speicher, Top-Spamschutz, 120 SMS und eigene E-MailDomain inkl.
http://office.freenet.de/dienste/emailoffice/produktuebersicht/power/mail/index.html