wine + mono instead of .net framework?

John Klehm xixsimplicityxix at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 17:40:30 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Jeroen Janssen
<jeroen.janssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I was wondering if it is possible to use mono instead of the (microsoft) .net
>  framework for windows applications running under wine.
>
>  i.e. I have an application that 'requires' .net 2.0, and wants me to install it.
>  With mono 'installed' it would see that .net 2.0 is "already installed" and just
>  work ;)
>
>  Any thoughts on if this is possible (or even wanted?)

Sure is. Simplest way is to grab the win32 installer from the mono page:
http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html

Tracked in appdb here:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=4982

Or if you have winetricks it supports installing mono too:
http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

--John