GSoC: reg.exe

Jan Zerebecki jan.wine at zerebecki.de
Fri Mar 21 17:59:40 CDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 02:45:47PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> > [Somebody is already working on reg.exe.]
> > Does that mean the project is no longer free for grabs?
> It depends.  The SoC staff frown on joint projects, but
> it's possible.

It seem that Andrew Riedi, the author of the reg.exe stub woun't
participate in this years GSoC and is willing to leave work to a
GSoC student. I suppose that can be cleanly enough separated so
that it couldn't be seen as a joint project anymore than the
whole Wine itself.

I have no idea how much work there is in a reg.exe
implementation... but if there is (or will be) enough left that
means this project is still free.

Jan