C&C :D

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Sun Mar 23 03:47:30 CDT 2008

> Hi all!
>
> After an announcement that the original Command and conquer is
> available free for download, I decided to test it. Command and Conquer
> works perfectly in wine, I haven't tested network gaming over ipx, but
> that will probably not work. For the rest it's flawless, apart from
> the losing focus behavior, but playing it in a wine desktop helps.
>
> Remember: KANE IS A TRAITOR! LONG LIVE THE GDI!
>
> Cheers,
> Maarten.

Hi Maarten,

It will likely run better if you use DirectDrawRenderer=opengl + RenderTargetLockMode=readtex (at least on Nvidia hardware that is fast). Second IPX network should work (if this is the c&c version with updated ipx) but you need root as plain users don't have enough permissions to create a raw ipx socket.

Roderick