USB Human Interface Device support

Christopher raccoonone at procyongames.com
Tue Mar 25 00:18:50 CDT 2008

I have a flight sim, PhoenixRC, which I'd like to get working under
Wine. As of a couple months ago most of the DirectX problems have been
fixed, but the game uses a USB adapter to connect various controllers to
the computer. The USB adapter is an HID and is recognized by Linux;
however I can't get it to work through Wine. At least part of the
problem seems to be that SetupDiGetClassDevs calls
SETUPDI_EnumerateInterfaces which tries to open registry keys that don't
exist. There isn't an entry in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceClasses for
HID interfaces, in fact that whole set of registry keys seems to be
missing. Is anyone working on patches to make this work, or can someone
point me to the function(s) that need to be implemented for HIDs to be
setup in the registry correctly? I'm not sure when/how those keys are
suppose to be created.
Thanks,
Christopher Berner