Summer of Coders wanted!

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 14:36:51 CDT 2008

Hi all,

Since yesterday google is accepting applications for all participating
projects. See http://code.google.com/soc for how to apply and read the
faq linked there! The past few days a lot of good proposals were
discussed, but you really need to submit them to the google web
application officially to make them count. The deadline for this is 1
april 2008 00:00 UTC, but I would recommend submitting your
application a few days before that to be sure.

It optional, but recommended to slip a patch past Alexandre Julliard,
he's Swiss so bribing with chocolate doesn't work! It doesn't have to
be a big patch, just so that we know you can check out the wine git
tree, and know how to get a patch in. Of course if you already did
this once you don't have to do it again.

A good guideline to what should be in an application is at
http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5/index.cgi?gsoc2008_proposal_template
You don't have to follow this, but it's a good indication of what an
application should contain. It's also a good idea to separate your
goals into must-haves and nice-to-haves. The must haves you definitely
want to do before the end of the summer, and the nice-to-haves are for
the goals that you want to do, but  you're not sure if you have all
the time for them.

Cheers,

Maarten.

PS: Mentors wanted, too! If you want to be a mentor, but have
questions or doubts, contact me privately. To sign up as mentor:
http://tinyurl.com/29awt6