Google SoC proposal

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Tue Mar 25 16:02:00 CDT 2008

Am Dienstag, 25. März 2008 21:30:44 schrieb Artur Szymiec:
> Greetings,
>
> I would like to participate in Wine SoC this year.
> I propose to implement WINED3DPMISCCAPS_TSSARGTEMP which is
> needed by some d3d games/apps using GL_ARB_fragment_program pixel shaders.
You phrased it a bit unluckily. What you'd have to do that way is to write a
fragment processing replacement pipeline. Implementing TSSARGTEMP in the
current GL_ATI_fragment_shader and GL_NV_register_combiners code is fairly
easy and too small for gsoc. I think writing a plain fragment shader
replacement in GL_ARB_fragment_program is a pretty small task as well, I'd
estimate a work of one week. However, if you include vertex processing as
well using GL_ARB_vertex_program I think it would work quite well.

For the application it would be very helpful to have a small demonstration
that you understand what you are going to do. This could be some loose
conceptual design and integration plans, and some shader code sniplets for
various aspects of the fixed function pipelines(e.g. transformation, light
types, texture operations, ...), or whatever you think is suitable.