GSoc: Scriptable Configuration
mattshanks86 at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 24 16:42:11 CDT 2008
Am quite keen to get involved with Wine for GSoC - specifically the project
titled "Scriptable Configuration <http://wiki.winehq.org/SummerOfCode>"
Having spoken briefly to Lei, he essentially said that the more features
added to the reg.exe in Wine, the better.
I looked up what the Windows version does, and it seems like a pretty solid
list of features to aim for;
- add Adds a new subkey or entry into the registry
- delete Deletes a subkey or entries from the registry
- query Displays the data in a subkey or a value
- compare Compares specified registry subkeys or entries
- copy Copy a subkey to another subkey
- Save Saves a copy of specified subkeys, entries, and values of
the registry in hive (binary) format-- could be changed to save as
- Load Load a key values
An apparent missing feature seems to be editing an existing key value
Also, for the command line tools for wine, beyond uninstallation and
windows-version calls, (from Console
are there any other particularly desirable features?
Any input/comments from anyone is much appreciated,
('napi' on IRC)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the wine-devel