[Repost] wineasio source now on SourceForge

Peter L Jones gmane at drealm.info
Mon Mar 24 17:40:19 CDT 2008

Hi all,

wineasio, the ASIO to JACK driver for WINE, has been under some development
over recent months by various interested parties.  Co-ordination has been on a
best endeavours basis but really needed something more organised.  The project
really needed a proper home, too.

So I've gathered the various threads of source and committed them into a
SourceForge SVN project.  Robert Reif's wineasio-0.0.x and the JackLab work on
wineasio-0.x have their own branches.  The current work on wineasio-0.7.x forms
the SVN trunk.

wineasio-0.7.x releases (i.e. 0, 1, 2 and 3) are tagged.  HEAD currently has
two changes pending release (a fix for Nuendo and a possible fix for some xruns
being experienced by a 64studio user).

wineasio developers and packagers are encouraged to consider using the
SourceForge facilities - let me know if you want to be added as a committer and
please use the trackers for bugs, feature request, etc.

Right now, feedback would be appreciated on the current code in HEAD and around
the xrun issued mentioned, more details here:
http://forum.jacklab.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=726

I spent oh... seconds... considering a name for the SourceForge project.
Fortunately "wineasio" was available.  You can find the project on the end of
this url:
http://sf.net/projects/wineasio

wineasio would not exist without Robert Reif.  Ralf Beck undertook much work
for JackLab.  William Steidtmann and Nedko Arnaudov had provided bug fixes.  I
provided the config file handling and tried to combine Ralf and Robert's work
(thus kicking off 0.7.x).

Many thanks,

-- Peter