fuse-iso and remote named pipes for GSOC

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 21:34:05 CDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 9:24 PM, Cesar Izurieta <cesar at ecuarock.net> wrote:
> Besides the FUSE project for GSOC I see two items listed on the
>  http://wiki.winehq.org/SummerOfCode page:
>
>  # Better ISO FUSE file system integration

I don't know if the FUSE api supports enumeration of mounts in the VFS
but it would be cool if explorer could detect if a FUSE iso mounted
filesystem is mounted somewhere in the VFS and auto-magically create a
fake cdrom device associated with this mount. It would solve some of
the complexity we have in cxtest where you have to mount iso images
for regression testing, plus it would just save a bunch of time for
stupid installers that assume they are always running from a real
cdrom.

Thanks
--
Steven Edwards