Can't determine disk space, install fails

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Wed Mar 26 08:49:21 CDT 2008

Hi!
  We have a long-persisting problem there. It persists for many wine versions
and prevents some programs from installing.
  As an example, today my son complained about impossibility to install WoW.
The installer was not able to determine the free space on the disk (there was
a dash instead of a number in the box) and the Continue button was greyed out,
so it was not possible to proceed.
  There are other cases, in which the installers say that there is not enough
space on the disk and fail. Of course there is enough space, but the installer
is not able to find it.
  Especially WoW has Gold rating and these problems are not mentioned, so I
don't think that this is a common wine problem, thus I'm not going to open
a bug for it. I'm begging for a hint instead, what to try to find the cause
of the problem.
  Wine is always manually compiled and it runs on a "generic Linux system",
not on any particular, publicly known distro.

  With regards, Pavel Troller