GSOC proposal - control panel

pure_evil at mail.bg pure_evil at mail.bg
Thu Mar 27 11:51:47 CDT 2008

<off-topic>Sorry bout that, went a lil' /too/ paranoid. Thing is, I've spent
so many days obsessing with the cpls, trying to get anything resembling a
somewhat stable dev environment to produce anything resembling a *compilable*
code, reverse-engineering Makefiles, and Makefile.ins, and defs and specs and
C and gcc and ReactOS cpls and so forth /and being handed a code whose dev
jumped on me for trying to cross-compile it, though that was what I asked for
in the first place btw/ and when finally, SOMETHING compiled (a sample cpl
included in Reactos 3.0. source code), I suddenly discovered that

A.) They can't be done the normal way /e.g. compiled against wine's
source-tree by winegcc/
B.) If they could, they would've been done long ago (Reactos has 'em; Someone
would've ported them by now, if not do 'em from scratch)

It was just too much for two weeks, sorry again.
</off-topic>

On-topic: CPls the normal way -> no-go. Binary CPls compiled on 'doze or with
a 'doze compiler under wine -> yes.

Sorry again.