Sims: Pet Stories Bug?

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Sat Mar 29 14:49:27 CDT 2008

Am Samstag, 29. März 2008 17:20:13 schrieb Stephen Eilert:
> > It's the same problem as Sims 2, we need software vertex shader emulation
> > for this game.
>
> Wouldn't that be a suitable project for the Summer of Code?
Maybe, but it has rather huge requirements:

-> The amount of work is HUGE(ok, we can limit it to e.g. Shader model 1.1)
-> There is some integration work to do(a bit easier since my shader/pipeline
model changes)
-> It requires very good knowledge about x86 / x86_64 assembler
-> Mapping the shader instructions on regular FPUs is rather hard

So if there is someone who really enjoys coding in assembler and has excellent
knowledge about it I am tempted to agree with shader emulation as a GSoC
project. It surely isn't a project for a novice programmer.