Some considerations about the Wine FUSE project for GSoC

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 07:15:13 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

after another chat about Wine's goals in respect to FUSE file systems on IRC,
I just wanted to point the students who applied for this project already
(I've Bcced them) at the goals Wine has for this GSoC project.

For Wine, the goal is to create prototype FUSE file systems so we can figure
out if this approach is useful to Wine at all. There is no immediate goal to
include the file systems into Wine in the near future, we first want to know
if they're what we need.

I think it's important to be clear and outspoken about this so nobody starts
working on this under the wrong assumptions.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin