Review request: real async for GetAsyncKeyState (bug #5623)

Philip Nilsson pnilsson at nullref.se
Thu May 8 12:33:49 CDT 2008

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 08:49:34PM +0200, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is my first wine patch and fix for bug #5623. This was tested and
> works fine however I suspect this is not clean enought for commiting
> to master.
>
> --
> Rafał Miłecki

Applying this patch causes my Wine to fail with: (the second time, as it
runs some font metric stuff once first)

	err:process:start_wineboot failed to create wineboot event, expect trouble
	err:font:WineEngInit Failed to create font mutex
	err:system:get_volatile_regkey Can't create wine registry branch
	err:system:get_volatile_regkey Can't create wine registry branch
	err:system:get_volatile_regkey Can't create wine registry branch
	err:system:get_volatile_regkey Can't create wine registry branch
	err:system:get_volatile_regkey Can't create wine registry branch
	err:system:get_volatile_regkey Can't create wine registry branch
	err:rpc:DllMain Failed to create master mutex
	err:winecfg:initialize RegOpenKey failed on wine config key (6)
	err:winecfg:WinMain initialization failed, aborting

I assumed this was due to something that didn't recompile, but I made
the tree clean and reconfigured it, and compiled again.  No change.

I will investigate a bit further as this patch might be useful for an
application I have some problems with (I think it uses GetAsyncKeyState
for modifiers).

--
Philip Nilsson