Lots of regressions in games in last few versions

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sun May 11 12:15:31 CDT 2008

"Zachary Goldberg" <zgs at seas.upenn.edu> writes:

> I agree, and I'm of course not talking about reverting the entire
> tree.  Vitaliy has mentioned a few specific patches though (mostly in
> d3d I think) which have caused some noise in the gaming realm.

If Vitaliy or anybody else think a patch must be reverted, they need to
point out the exact patch, explain why it can't be fixed properly for
1.0, and what other bugs will be reintroduced by reverting it.

Reverting a patch is not a magical cure, and it can be just as risky as
adding one, so it's not something we can do during code freeze without a
detailed understanding of the consequences.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org