winex11: Create a dummy parent window for composite child windows to avoid using the root.

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Mon May 12 19:25:30 CDT 2008

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> -        attrib.override_redirect = True;
>          attrib.colormap = data->colormap;
>          XInstallColormap(gdi_display, attrib.colormap);
>
>          if(data->gl_drawable) XDestroyWindow(gdi_display,
data->gl_drawable);
> -        data->gl_drawable = XCreateWindow(gdi_display, parent, -w, 0, w, h,
0,
> +        data->gl_drawable = XCreateWindow(gdi_display, dummy_parent, -w, 0,
w, h, 0,
>                                            vis->depth, InputOutput,
vis->visual,
>                                            CWColormap | CWOverrideRedirect,
>                                            &attrib);

Did you mean to remove setting the override_redirect attribute? I remember
having some alignment issues without it (the GL rendering was offset on the
unseen window by the size of the decorations). But even if so, you'd need to
remove the CWOverrideRedirect flag, because it's now taking the setting from
the uninitialized override_redirect field.