Lots of regressions in games in last few versions

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Mon May 12 22:52:26 CDT 2008

Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> Dan Kegel wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure what you're angry about.
>> None of us have that much control over exactly
>> which way wine develops.  We all scratch our own itches,
>> and it improves at its own pace.
>> What more do you want?
>>

> Stability. For things to continue working once they get fixed. Which means
> more developers have to "support" their changes - promptly address all
> issues that result from their changes. IMHO this is the way project should
> be moving forward (past 1.0)

Then you must not be using Linux either.  Bugs HAPPEN.  Squashing them
may not.  Sort of like the cockroach that runs all over your floor.  You
can go on a stomping party and miss it every time and you may even
attract more.  However, if you use bug spray, you might kill the roach,
but you might kill yourself as well.   We need to do what you said, test
Wine before releasing to the public.  However, this is not possible
given the aggressive release schedule of the project.  So, we have to
fix what we can and leave the rest until later.

If you have a better plan, tell us.

James McKenzie