Lots of regressions in games in last few versions

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Tue May 13 14:58:02 CDT 2008

Austin English wrote:
> On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 11:31 PM, Vitaliy Margolen
> <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:
>> Austin English wrote:
>>
>>> 13120 - I'll run the test tomorrow if I can reproduce/no one has by then.
>>> 13110 - no one requested a regression test. I've requested it now.
>>> 13101 - not a regression
>>> 13086 - not sure if it's always existed or a regression. I asked for
>>> clarification.
>>>
>>> If anyone can identify regressions that haven't been bisected, shoot
>>> me an e-mail. I've got plenty of CPU/time to kill.
>>>
>>  I'd appreciate it if you can do a regression testing for bug 12272? Game
>> blood 2 with demo. Between wine-0.9.44 and wine-0.9.45. You will need to use
>> native dinput.dll. Start the game (enter, enter, enter) and move the mouse
>> around. You should see that with .45 it's really jumpy and in .44 it's nice
>> and smooth.
>>
>>  I think it's either ddraw or d3d. But might be some other place.
>>
>>  Vitaliy
>>

> Just got back from vacation this weekend, and right when I start, you
> had already done it :-P. Oh well, if you get more in the future
> Vitaliy or anyone else, send me an e-mail/cc me on the bug. Most of
> the regressions you pointed out have already been run.

Was kind of interested in it myself and had some idle CPU cycles <g>

That bug is exactly the kind of problems we should try to avoid. I'm not
entirely sure what it suppose to fix I can't see any difference with/without
the patch. However it makes mouse pretty unusable - it gets really jerky
like with < 5 FPS.

Vitaliy.