mono progress on mixed-mode assemblies...

Robert Shearman rob at codeweavers.com
Thu May 15 09:34:20 CDT 2008

Kornél Pál wrote:
> Also note that Mono's Class Library is licensed under MIT/X11 because
> inlining (done by the runtime) may be incompatible with GPL that would not
> allow non-GPL programs to be executed within Mono. Would it be possible to
> have a MIT/X11 licensed msvcrt?

I'm not sure if you realise it, but Wine is licensed under the LGPL, not
the GPL so I don't think using Wine's msvcrt code would be a problem
with inlining and using non-GPL programs.

However, I understand that having a uniform license for Mono's Class
Library is probably highly desirable.

--
Rob Shearman