curious failure and messages running a well-known installer

Rob Shearman robertshearman at gmail.com
Sat May 17 05:36:08 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 8:38 PM, Hin-Tak Leung
<htl10 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I install the win32 version of ghostscript quite routinely under wine; just taken the old one off and put the new one in with wine rc1, the first time it bombed out with:
>
> err:module:map_image Could not map section _winzip_, file probably truncated
> err:module:map_image Could not map section _winzip_, file probably truncated
> wine: could not load L"H:\\mirror.cs.wisc.edu\\pub\\mirrors\\ghost\\GPL\\current\\gs862w32.exe": Bad EXE format for
>
> and 2nd/3rd time it went to completion.

It appears to me that you are loading this file from a network mount
point and the first and second times you tried to load the file there
were some issues with the network that caused data of at least part of
the file not to be received by your machine and that was the reason
these messages were displayed.

> fixme:shell:IShellLinkA_fnGetPath (0x14a980): WIN32_FIND_DATA is not yet filled.
> fixme:shell:IShellLinkA_fnGetPath (0x14aae8): WIN32_FIND_DATA is not yet filled.

These are harmless in most cases.

--
Rob Shearman