unknown device issues after running winetest

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Tue May 20 20:18:15 CDT 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Maarten Lankhorst
<m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Paul,
>
> 2008/5/20 Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com>:
>> Paul Vriens wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> On several windows boxes (VMware) I receive this nice message that
>>> Windows will try to find a driver for an unknown device.
>>>
>>> This device is added by the setupapi/devinst test and is not (or can't
>>> be?) properly removed after the tests.
>>>
>>> On NT/W2K I'm able to delete all the relevant registry keys
>>> (regedt32.exe) but on Vista I don't seem to be able to delete them
>>>
>>> Any idea? Do others have the same issue(s) ?
>>>
>> OK, I managed to remove the registry keys from Vista as well. Took only 75
>> mouseclicks :-(
>>
>> The issue about the leftover registry keys after the tests still stands though.
> I just keep hitting escape when booting, but it is a real problem that
> should be addressed, anyone knows the exact testing causing the
> creation of the dummy devices? Why 75 mouse clicks, uac in the way?

It should be mentioned that the setupapi:devinst tests fail miserably
on every platform.  I'm working through the failing win2k3 tests, but
it would be nice if someone could take a look at these, maybe even
those that contributed to or wrote the tests.

Thanks,
James Hawkins