ddraw: Fixed in part regression bug #13277

Jens Albretsen jens at albretsen.dk
Thu May 22 16:42:01 CDT 2008

On Thursday 22 May 2008 21:46:03 Alexander Dorofeyev wrote:
> Jens Albretsen wrote:
> > Changelog:
> >
> > Fixed Failure when texture was loading onto itself.
> > Fixes in part d3d7 regression bug #13277.
> > Still need to find a way to make d3d7 stay alive after the game releases
> > the interface.
>
> Did you check what native does when asked to Load texture from itself? Is
> it D3D_OK or maybe something like INVALIDCALL?

I have no way of testing what is does native? Only got windows at work.
However I can see that the game expects to be allowed to copy the surface, so
I must presume that windows is doing the same else the game would not run
under windows. Anyway it makes sense that it is ok to load textureA into
textureA, it would make no difference to textureA.

> There already should be a few tests for IDirect3DTexture_Load in
> ddraw/tests/d3d.c so you can add a few lines there that test this.

I've added a simple test

/Jens