ddraw: Fixed in part regression bug #13277

Jens Albretsen jens at albretsen.dk
Fri May 23 00:49:25 CDT 2008

On Friday 23 May 2008 06:35:22 you wrote:
> Jens Albretsen wrote:
> > On Thursday 22 May 2008 23:56:42 you wrote:
> >> I don't have a compiler on my windows box, nor do I have cross
> >> development tools on my linux box, but if you get me an exe I can test
> >> on win xp (nvidia 7200 GT) or 2k (intel 865, or a variety of other
> >> boxes).
> >>
> >> -Austin
> >
> > I have the same problem, I have absolutely no M$ stuff at home.
> > I'm pretty sure what I did is correct, since like I said the game works
> > on windows and now it also does in wine. Before wine was crashing so it
> > can only be better. And next time someone runs the test on the M$
> > platforms we'll see if the test fails or what? Anyway without the patch
> > we just get a crash.
>
> That's the part your have to prove with tests and test results. Just the
> fact that it fixes one program doesn't mean it's correct and won't break
> all other programs.
>
> This is been the worst part about Wine and d3d in particular. That small
> "fixes" fix one game/problem yet break everything else.
>
> Vitaliy.

In this case it was the function that did'nt check the arguments correctly, so
it would break nothing only get more stable, but anyway I added a test, and
It's been verified to work on windows XP.
I can understand if it was like the other part I submitted where I was
changing the public ref count and failing the tests.

/Jens