unknown device issues after running winetest

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Fri May 23 02:59:49 CDT 2008

Alexander Morozov wrote:
>> Can someone confirm that after running the devinst tests, the registry on
>> Wine still shows these:
>>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\ROOT\LEGACY_BOGUS (and
>> stuff below)
>>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\BOGUS (and stuff
>> below)
>>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceClasses\{6A55B5A4
>> -3F65-11DB-B704-0011955C2BDB} (and stuff below)
>
> I can confirm this. Diff file with changes after running make devinst.ok is
> attached.

Ok, so at least it looks we are compatible with Windows :-)

I will check out your suggestion about using SetupDiRemoveDevice (and maybe
SetupDiRemoveDeviceInterface) to clean up the registry.

I already found that it doesn't work on NT4 for everything as we have a bogus
bogus entry (missing the ClassGUID value). This means you can't even enumerate
this one and it won't be covered by the remove calls.

So what about a cleanup_before function that gets rid of everything that's
currently bogus in the registry? If we don't do this before we have to cater for
existing keys in every test which will clutter the tests I think. If we really
want to test existing keys we should do so a part of a normal test.

After that cleanup_before is working we can change the tests to clean up after
themselves.

--
Cheers,

Paul.