rpcrt4 test failures

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Fri May 23 03:01:36 CDT 2008

Hi Rob,

I roughly found the reason of the rpcrt4:server test crashing for me.
It crashes when it's trying to connect to localhost through the rpc
'tcp' transport.
The crash is likely caused because it can't connect to the locally
hosted test server the tcp way, and decides to bomb out instead.
However it won't say it failed to connect, instead it crashes on the
first test-case that uses rpc.

I would rather not have the test crash, that would also obscure the
possibility of running the other tests in that file. However I don't
know why it fails to connect over tcp (netbios works fine). I disabled
my firewall entirely, so it shouldn't be the cause of this failure.
Could there be other restrictions in place?

Cheers,
Maarten