Proposed indentation fixes

Andrew Talbot andrew.talbot at talbotville.com
Fri May 23 03:33:28 CDT 2008

Hi All,

I'm intending to "correct" some indentation anomalies, and I propose to do
this in an "indiscriminate" way. In other words, I would set the
indentation to match what the code does now, without any interpretation of
what may have been intended. This means that something like

    if (a)
        b;
        c;

would become

1)
    if (a)
        b;
    c;

rather than

2)
    if (a)
    {
        b;
        c;
    }

The advantages are that the code is "honest" and the existing behaviour is
preserved. The disadvantages are that if (2) were intended, it won't be
achieved here, and the corrected version will no longer "suggest" what was
really intended.

Is this "automatic" method still the way to go?

Thanks,

--
Andy.