Time to cull the changelog file

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Sat May 24 16:18:27 CDT 2008

James McKenzie skrev:
> Ove Kaaven wrote:
>> Alexandre Julliard skrev:
>>
>>> Objections?  Does anybody feel a strong need for a Changelog file?
>>>

>> I've used it a lot to look up when stuff might have been fixed (or
>> broken), and in general Debian packages are expected to ship a
>> changelog if possible.
>>

> I'm with you.  However, including it with the package may not be
> necessary.  I would include an URL in the readme and leave it at that.

Actually, I think I'd rather have the old changelogs in the source
package and leave it at that, and just include the current changelog in
the binaries.

I wouldn't have anything against renaming the current changelog to
ChangeLog.BETA or something and starting a new one for the 1.0 series.

Or, I suppose worst case (if the changelog is dropped completely), and I
don't feel like generating the log myself, I could install the ANNOUNCE
file as the upstream changelog...