Time to cull the changelog file

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sat May 24 16:43:56 CDT 2008

Ove Kaaven <ovek at arcticnet.no> writes:

> Actually, I think I'd rather have the old changelogs in the source
> package and leave it at that, and just include the current changelog
> in the binaries.

The old changelogs certainly won't be removed.

> Or, I suppose worst case (if the changelog is dropped completely), and
> I don't feel like generating the log myself, I could install the
> ANNOUNCE file as the upstream changelog...

If you want a changelog for your package all you'll have to do is
something like:

  git-log wine-1.0.. >ChangeLog

If you want it in the exact same format as the existing one you can use
the cg-log script from cogito (that's what I use currently).

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org