Removinig CVS/GIT version from bugzilla

Jan Zerebecki jan.wine at zerebecki.de
Sun May 25 09:09:28 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:58:44AM -0700, Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
> 2008/4/22 Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com>:
> >  Well that will affect closed bugs - which is not good. However I don't have
> >  a strong objection here - whatever works. It would be even better if we can
> >  add the version automatically with release scripts.

Yea adding it's version on release by the scripts would be nice. The
scripts are in one of the git repos on winehq...

> If it is a true rename operation it will. However this will only occur
> once so I think we can live with that. Any bugzilla admins ok with
> this way of doing bug reports? It would make the version a whole lot
> more accurate in the longer run.

Yes versions can be renamed and any bugs that reference them then show
the new name of the version without beeing modified.

We could rename "CVS/GIT" to pre-1.0-git/cvs (or whatever the next
release is). And then for each release e.g. for 1.0.12 we would have
1.0.12 and post-1.0.12-git (for anything that occurs and is fixed before
the release after that).

Jan