AppDB: More information about the test environment needed

Groeschel, Volker volker.groeschel at sap.com
Thu May 29 06:19:11 CDT 2008

I just found two conflicting reports for  Age of empires:
   http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=10326

Both are on Ubuntu 8.04 and 1.0-rc1. One is Silver, one is Garbage. But
it is just one example.

My suggestion is to ask for more information about the test environment.

To specify it I think it would be helpfull to know the grafics chip/card
and the used driver.

With the new free drivers around the block it could be even more
helpfull to have this information.

The same ATI card e.g. could use Radeon, RadeonHD or the Catalyst
driver.

The same is true for Nvidia with nvidia, nv and Nouveau driver.

I often read that Wine developers recommend nvidia, but I actually have
good experience with radeon.

It is quite hard to get real informaltion on this topic.