winetest issue on w2k and below

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Thu May 29 12:37:00 CDT 2008

Austin English wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 7:31 AM, Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Lately I've been seeing an issue with winetest on Windows whereby the
>> kernel32_test.exe file can't be deleted after the test.
>>
>> On NT4 I've also seen popups during the test with some remark about not being
>> able to initialize user32.dll. This is when the process test is run for kernel32.
>>
>> Anyone else seeing this? Or better yet, anyone know the cause?
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Paul.
>>

> -To list as well-
>
> I've been seeing it for a week or so. 2K is also crashing the debugger
> in a weird way, can't recall the exact error message, but it was a
> second scarier message than usual.

I just run some older winetests on my NT4 box:

(all from http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/paulm/WRT/CrossBuilt/)

winetest-200805062030-paul-mingw.exe (no problem with kernel tests)
winetest-200805081000-paul-mingw.exe (problems)

Now it's just to see what has changed in that period.

Doing regression tests with a full winetest is a bit harder :-(

--
Cheers,

Paul.