Winetest grrr...

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Fri May 30 11:40:15 CDT 2008

Am Freitag, 30. Mai 2008 16:51:08 schrieb Juan Lang:
> I know some video drivers are so broken we don't want to run on them.
> I have an ATI Radeon Mobility 250.  I thought this was a fairly common
> card.  Is locking up the machine really acceptable here?
All we could do is blacklisting certain drivers or card IDs. If the system
hard crashes or has a bluescreen it's a driver bug for sure. It is plainly
impossible to make sure the tests do not crash anywhere, except by not having
any tests at all.

I have never heard the name "ATI Radeon Mobility 250". It could be an ATI
Radeon Mobility 9000, which has a rv250 chip in it. I have the same in my old
laptop, the tests run without crashing(Some are failing due to clear driver
bugs though, and I there aren't any newer laptop drivers available)