ddraw: Don't release ddraw if a surface is still using it.

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Sat May 31 17:43:08 CDT 2008

Am Samstag, 31. Mai 2008 17:03:13 schrieb Michael Karcher:
> > Anyway it makes wine stop crashing when programs tries to do something
> > crazy like this. Stefan Dösinger asked me to put a HeapAlloc all memory
> > between the two Release's to check if the memory of ddraw object would be
> > corrupt in Windows. It really doesn't matter if programs live by chance
> > in windows, if we can implement it so it's not by chance anymore.
>
> I agree on that point.
Actually, that is dangerous. There may be situations in which this
make-something-work has an unintended side effect, e.g. failure to restore
the display mode because the ddraw object isn't destroyed(although it maybe
should be - it's the test's job to find that out).

Another possibility are apps that intend to cause an exception, like copy
protection systems.