General script for installing Wine build dependencies

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Nov 1 00:17:26 CDT 2008

I have in the past written one script per version of
Ubuntu to install Wine's build dependencies.
Many versions on, that's getting old, and I figure
it'd be better to have a single script that handles
all common versions on Linux.

I've taken a first stab at that, combining my scripts
for gutsy and hardy, and adding ibex.  The result is at
  http://winezeug.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/install-wine-deps.sh

If anyone wants to add support to that script for another
OS, please do, and send me the patch.

I'd like to see this in the wine tree sometime.  It's
kind of silly we have to direct people to a big,
confusing wiki page (or set of them) to explain
how to install the needed packages; let's just
have a unified script and be done with it.