Wine integration with native (Gtk, Qt, Cocoa/Carbon) themes

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Nov 2 20:00:31 CST 2008

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Roderick Colenbrander
<thunderbird2k at gmx.net> wrote:
> Anyway desktops will never move to this microsoft format.
> I think both gtk and qt are now moving to xml based formats.
> We could define our own spec for that but I doubt they will move to this.

Right, I doubt we can have any influence on them.
That's why I think we should focus on the most
superficial kind of compatibility, i.e. just supporting
Windows theming and providing theme files that
make us look not so jarring.

I doubt we can ever do automatic theme extraction.
- Dan