[ddraw/tests] Fix a test on W2K3

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 10:57:33 CST 2008

Henri Verbeet wrote:
> 2008/11/4 Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>> I upgraded to VMware 6.5.0 this morning and overlay tests are run now on my
>> W2K3
>> box. As the return value indicates E_NOTIMPL I decided to add a skip() for
>> one particular test.
> VMware is not a valid test platform for ddraw.
And how would you like to approach that? Most of us run tests on some piece of
virtualization software. Should we check for VMware and don't run d3d8/9/10 and
ddraw tests anymore at all? We do want to have a green test.winehq.org after all.

I agree that we shouldn't use VMware as a valid test platform for ddraw but as
long as the skips are kept to a minimum can't we live with that?

(What would have happened with the patch when I wouldn't have mentioned VMware?)