Wine theming (follow up)

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Wed Nov 5 07:56:50 CST 2008

For Wine's purposes the WinXP file format is fine for now. It will allow better integration into the linux desktop. Support for all those fancy animation features and others which are offered in Vista would also require major changes in Wine's rendering system. Sure some might not be hard to support in software but offering all those features in an accelerated way in Wine's current rendering mechanism might be very tricky.

My goal with a sample theme file was to give others an impression how theme files can be build (except for using a theme editor which relies on native themes) there is no legal and public method for generating 100% free themes. The files can later on be extended with bitmap data to theme controls. Right now the theme just offers the colors which uxtheme translates back to 'legacy' colors and it basically bypasses 'uxtheme' right now. (which is fine anyway as for plain coloring we don't have to request uxtheme to render the controls which will be a lot faster)

Roderick