[RFC] winecfg -- approach to making the theme names & colours lists sortable

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 7 05:21:24 CST 2008

Hi,

At the moment, if you have several themes installed on your system
(e.g. by installing StyleXP) winecfg will list those themes in a
random (read not sorted) order.

If I just add the CBS_SORT flag, the wrong theme is chosen because the
order in the combo boxes are assumed to be the same order in a DSA
(dynamic array) containing the theme, size or colour data.

My idea is to store the additional data in the combo box in the item's
item data. This will mean a major rewrite of this area to remove the
use of the DSAs, so I am wondering what the best way to approach this
is. I am currently thinking something along the lines of:
    1.  Replace the DSA for the theme colour list, storing the data in
the item data of the colour list combo box;
    2.  Replace the DSA for the theme size list, storing the data in
the item data of the size list combo box;
    3.  Replace the DSA for the theme list, storing the data in the
item data of the theme list combo box;
    4.  Make the theme list and theme colour lists sorted.

Does this approach seem reasonable?

- Reece