Wine and relocation on not aligned section

Alessandro alex.pigna at
Wed Nov 12 14:14:19 CST 2008

On Wednesday 12 November 2008 20:59:00 you wrote:
> > while diving into wine sources i've noticed that wine does not apply
> > relocation to section not aligned to page boundary.
> > Is there any reason for this behaviour?
> > If it is wrong i've put up a little patch that solves the issue.
> Do you know of an application that needs this?
> Or can you write a conformance test that shows
> how Windows behaves in this situation?
> seems to
> imply it's not needed?
> - Dan
It is needed to load kernel level drivers (.sys files). I don't know how to
test the windows behaviour with such cases. I think relocation is done to link
the driver with the kernel interefaces.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
        -Dr. Faustus - Marlowe
Public GPG Key ID 0x650B3ED9 on
Key Fingerprint 6243 AAD3 E3EC 52D8 DFAA 2A2F 9FCD 0457 650B 3ED9
Encrypted mails are welcome