Try#4 for IDirectDrawSurface_GetSurfaceDesc error checking in ddraw test

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Fri Nov 14 08:44:22 CST 2008

About the content:
With which error code does the surface creation fail? Usually having an
ok(hr == DD_OK) and then catching a failure needs a second look. It isn't
necessarily wrong - there can be a driver bug. However, it is possible that
we're not checking caps well enough and the test doesn't realize that it is
trying to test something unsupported

Style:

The whitespaces on the closing brackets are different from what I remember
from the rest of the file:

if(blabla) {
    foofoo
  }

vs

if(blabla) {
    foofoo
}

You can also avoid the 4 different goto labels if you make sure that the
surface pointers are initialized to NULL, then jump to one err label and
check for NULL before releasing any surface.